Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where should I put my money? I am really confused on what to do.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by a e i o u, Dec 15, 2003.

1. I have a b2r into an avatar 210 and a genz benz 115. which is soon to be sold for an avatar 410. I might be buying a Pre / Power amp set up though.

On january 16th, I have a gig with my band that I'm playing. This will be the decider on wether or not my amp head is loud enough to keep. It is going to be used with the 210 115 set up, because I wont have my avatar 410 by then. I REALLY want to buy a sansamp bddi, in perfect condition from a talk-bassist for 100 bucks shipped... but if I do this, and end up having to buy a power amp because my current amp might not be loud enough to keep, I am stuck with a not so good pre amp. If I knew what was going to happen in the future, I'd pass up this great deal on the bddi, and save for an RBI to go with a power amp. But then again, my head might be good enough for gigging, and I'd be buying the RBI which I dont need, where as I could just get the bddi for cheap. :confused:

2. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    AEIOU:
    Two options:
    1. Run through the mains at this upcoming gig. If you can do that you won't even need a backline set-up.
    2. Tell the other members of your band to TURN DOWN.

Good luck.

3. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    according to me a ampeg b2r is loud enought for a gig.

I played several gigs with a fender bxr 300 which is 300 watts @ 4 ohms.

I like the 2x10+1x15 but this combinaison is not done for quite very loud amp such as 1 K pre/power set up.

I suggest you max of 500 watts with 2x10 +1x15.

Sansamp sounds very good,if you buy it, just connect it thru your preamp jack in your ampeg. It will be loud enough!

Come on! you have 350 watts! you can kill little animals by placing them in front of your cabs while playing at 9/10 :bassist:

If you're considering a power amp, I'll suggest you saving money for the RBI.