Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where to buy 32ohm 10" replacement speaker for SVT cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by johnbegone, May 20, 2005.

1. johnbegone

johnbegone

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I have a 70's SVT 8x10 and someone rewired it at some point and eventually a piece of metal attached to one of the wires came through a speaker cone...... :(

That being said, I need to buy a 32ohm speaker to put in this cabinet. All of the Eminences I've found are only 4ohm or 8ohm. I found the Jensen Mod 10 50, which is 32ohms, but would it sound the same? Any help would be greatly appreciate, I'd also be down for buying a speaker from someone on TB so let me know what you've got.

2. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
  3. In that box, agreed... Recone

4. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    You also could do an ebay search for "cts speakers". One of the speakers is blown my '72 SVT 810 & I was about to send it off for a recone when I saw 4 of them pop up on ebay for $124 "buy it now". Thats $31 each & was the deal I had been waiting for. The last vintage CTS 32 ohm- 10" I had seen on ebay went for $80 + shipping. I believe its $45 for a recone at Weber + shipping both ways which is maybe another $20-$30.... but I think you can drop off if you are local.

5. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Electro Harmonix makes a version of that speaker. Has anyone ever tried it to know if it sounds like the originals?

6. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Eminence makes it for them. You can buy them directly from ampeg for about $50 a pop. This is for the modern cabs. I don't know if the 70's are the same. Probably. Some where lower wattage though.