1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

where to buy a 4ohm horn + crossover

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by markandsophie, May 12, 2006.

  1. Hi im trying to find a horn and crossover to put in my 212 cab. Take the piezo out and put in a good horn with a crossover and L pad. Does anybody know where to buy this setup? Does schroeder,eden, avatar etc make their own or do they buy in bulk from a factory etc??

    Any info would be appreciated.
  2. LoveThatBass


    Jun 28, 2004
    Since the horn is blocked by a capacitor you do not have to buy a 4 ohm horn to use in an 8 ohm cab. Case and point: Avatar uses the same 8 ohm horn for their 4 or 8 ohm cabs. The speakers in the cab determine the impedance of the cab.
    The only caveat being if you use an 8 ohm horn you must need an 8 ohm crossover. Likewise if you use a 4 ohm horn you use a 4 ohm crossover for best results.
  3. what horns would people recommend that parts express sell with a crossover kit?

    Thanks for the responses
  4. RobertUI

    RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

    Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    FWIW you may want to check Carvin's site. They sell the crossover/attenuator units that they sell in their cabs.

Share This Page