1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Where to buy a bass in EU?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by krstko, Jan 14, 2012.

1. krstko

krstko

Aug 29, 2011
    Cerknica, Slovenia
    I found many threads about used equipment shops, but the good ones are all in USA. I'm buying a used Fender j and if I get it in USA I will have to pay the 20% tax xS I'm a bit short on cash so where can I get it in EU?

2. have you looked at non fender european alternatives?

Sandbergs are made in germany so most EU places dont pay more VAT than any other bass :) quality IMO is better than fender.

also check out ebay if you must have used, just remember to only show the country you are in or are close to to avoid import/shipping duty.

3. Try British sites and stores!

4. krstko

krstko

Aug 29, 2011
    Cerknica, Slovenia
    I tried ebay but most bases are from usa, and the most from eu are overpriced :/

5. FC Bass

FC Bass Alembic and Mesa/Boogie junkie

Jun 9, 2006
    Holland
  6. I think you missed the "short on cash" part. I've been eyeing the Ibanez 5-string he has for 495 EUR.

7. like i said with no scale on what short on cash is then we have to hazard a guess.

and for under £1000 there is not much in 'fender jazz' category if you really want a 'fender jazz'.

however if money is tight then why not look to the cheaper alternataives, the new squires are AMAZING and the new player series P bass (telecaster one) is only about £400 which i think is really cool pricing.