Where to buy a head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fleabass89, May 18, 2002.

1. I want a head (I FINALLY SAVED ENOUGH!), so where should I buy it? Guitar Center has very limited section, and the local music store around here is the same way. My mom finally decided to let me get something online. What websites have lots of gear? New as well as used would be good. I think I'm gonna settle with a Hartke 3500 and then save up for a cab, probably Peavey. I know, the poor man's rig...

2. incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
  3. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    There's nothing wrong with the Hartke 3500 at all that's a great head and as far as I'm concerned Peavey make's great cabs.A new HA3500 can sometimes be found on Ebay New for cheaper than the stores sell them. Other than that you can find Hartke at www.samash.com , www.zzounds.com , www.8thstreetmusic.com (might just be www.8thstreet.com) and I forget where else but their prices are pretty much the same. As for Peavey you can buy their stuff only from www.samash.com .
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Music123.com has a lot of stuff, and fair pricing.
    Musiciansfriend.com is also a leader of mail order stuff.

There are more, but those two have a pretty broad range of gear and prices.
  5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    How far away is the nearest Sam Ash? They always seem to have Hartke heads in the store, and can usually be thoroughly beat up on price.
  6. THANKS. I was trying to think of Sam Ash but couldn't remember. Unfortunately, there isn't a Sam Ash location near me, but the website will do. Sigh... sometimes I wish I bought that 5 string DeArmond Pilot for $169.00, but head's a better way to spend my cash :D
  7. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    all the ones mentioned are really great.

if you want hartke but other high end stuff, try www.gguitars.com. i got my aggie 1x12 and Elrick from them. great service and selection.
    other good vendors are www.guitar-villa.com who have a great cab selection, and www.bass-world.net who seem to be a dark horse round here. very easy to haggle and deal with.