1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where to buy a sweet bass kit in LA?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geodeath, Nov 8, 2010.

1. geodeath

geodeath

Apr 30, 2009
    Hi,

i am in the USA for a few more days and i am going to drive all the way from LA to San Luis Obispo and thought of asking here.. Do you know any place i can get a bass/guitar kit (kit is better than a normal bass cause i can travel with it in my bag disassembled, but i guess getting something like an sx and disassembling it is probably the same?) somewhere in LA? or any other place close to where i am driving? How much do you think these are?

George

2. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I know of nowhere in Los Angeles you could get a "kit" bass. I've only seen that (rarely) on the internet. You could call the Bass Exchange, or the Carvin store and ask them.

3. crijan

crijan Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    Endorsing: JH Audio IEMs
    First thing that comes to mind to me is Carvin. They sell several different bass kits and they have a store on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood.

www.carvinguitars.com

4. geodeath

geodeath

Apr 30, 2009
    thanks for the replies! i am gonna check carvin!

5. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    Was the Sunset Grill still there?

Right beside Guitar Center? Made a few guitar "buys" there, a convenient meeting place.