Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where to buy basses in Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by barroso, Apr 22, 2002.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    I'll be in Amsterdam in May.
    I'd like to know if there are good shops for musical instruments, music, cd. I'm interested in pawn shops that have basses, effects, guitars and similar stuff.

thanks!

2. In relation to the size of Amsterdam.. the number of musicstores is pathetic..

if you want the works.. go to Hilversum, which is near Amsterdam.. there's a bass-only store there called " the bass connection ".

http://www.connectionbult.com/bass/bassmain.html

3. I don't really know any good music shops in Amsterdam myself. There probably are some small shops that may have some nice deals, but you'll have to find them yourself first. The shop in Hilversum seems kinda cool, also in Rotterdam there is a pretty big shop called Feedback. IMO one of the bast "all bass" shops in the Netherlands is Paul's Bassmatters, but he is located in Nijmegen whitch is not really near A'dam. Hopefully you'll find a cool shop though, I'm sure they are there somewhere, just don't know where....

edit: I searched the internet some and found a few shops in Amsterdam. The one that looked the best was "Dijkman Muziekinstrumenten Amsterdam, Rozengracht 107/115 1016 LV Amsterdam" the URL is http://www.dijkmanmuziek.nl/

4. Dijkman sucks dude :) i went there once for the tubefactor.. it's a miniscule store with very crappy service..

5. ok Barosso, you heard it from someone who's been there, Dijkman sucks! it was the only shop I could find searching the internet, so I guess you just have to look and look and hope that you'll find a nice store, sorry that I can't help you, I don't go to A'dam that often (I've been there only once in almost 21 years :D ) thanx for pointing it out AllodoX! I hate shops with crappy service:mad:

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    no problem! so i'll spend my money in a tattoo shop!! can you suggest tatoo artists in Amsterdam?
    thanks again Orange people!

7. Dunno about the tattooshops in amsterdam, but i can tell you where there is a good night-club with nice strippers...

and i can tell you where you can eat the best sushi in the world.

8. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    ..i'm waiting....:D