Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

where to buy control Knobs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ldiezman, Sep 20, 2003.

1. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I'm just looking for a site that I can buy replacement knobs or an entire set of control knobs for my Elrick..

It seems that at my last gig someone thought they would take not my bass but my volume knob... I doubt it just fell off because these things are on there pretty tight.. i could be wrong... but the point is... I now need a new one... or 5 if I can't get an exact replacement..

THanks,
    Jim

[edit] I meant to put this in misc.... Sorry guys.

2. odie

odie Supporting Member

You can delete your thread and then paste your text in the proper forum. Just a heads up.

3. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    just go with the replacment set..... you can make a bass look even better with good looking knobs, just go shop around at you local GC

4. There are many aftermarket knob manufacturers/suppliers out there. Gotoh, DiMarzio, ESP, Stewart MacDonalds, Retroparts, Fender, to name a few.

5. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
  6. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    The three places I've had the best luck are stewmac.com, warmoth.com and allparts.com

At stewmac, you can get basic metal dome knobs in black, chrome or silver to fit either 6mm shaft or 1/4" shaft (black are $4.24 each): stewmac.com knobs

Warmoth has a few more options on dome or flat top, concentric, etc., but now sure about different shaft sizes: warmoth.com knobs

Allparts has the biggest selection, but is the hardest to search (for me at least): allparts.com knobs

JD at Warrior basses also stocks an unbelieveable assortment of fancy knobs, but you probably want something basic I'm guessing.

If you find what you need at allparts, go order it from your local Guitar Center if you have one. Mine sells allparts stuff to me at the same price (as allparts), and the tax is less than the shipping for small stuff.