1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Where to buy custom necks for Squier VM?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by taught, Feb 12, 2018.

1. taught

taught

Jan 5, 2015
    Hungary
    Hey there!

I have a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz bass. I already pimped the heck out of it and the only missing piece I want to change on it is the neck, though I have very precise requirements about it.

I would like to buy a neck that:
    1. has a satin finish
    2. do NOT has the Fender "C" form but it is THIN. I am not sure if this is the right word, by thin I mean the distance between the fingerboard and the back of the neck is really low.
    3. has a maple fretboard
    4. "plug and play" meaning: I dont want to do any after work on it just attach tuning pegs, attach to the body and play it
    5. be compatible with Squier body.
    Preferably but not a 'must' has the wideness of a precision neck.

I am in middle Europe - can you guys recommend trustworthy sites and/or products that sell quality parts and ship their parts in in this area?

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Halethorpe, MD
    All of those options are available from Warmoth, some of those options can be provided at no extra charge. To get the P bass width you need to order a P bass neck. They have some necks in stock, but you can order a custom neck without a penalty. They ship outside the United States.
    Warmoth Custom Guitar Parts - Custom bass and guitar bodies and necks

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    NigelD, EpicSoundtracks and Lownote38 like this.