Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where to Buy Eden Anymore? (210 XST, 4-Ohm)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wardak, Apr 22, 2003.

1. OK, I'm ready to buy. Where do I go for the best deal and service on Eden? Are they still selling the XST? I'm in the VA Beach area, but internet buying is A-OK with me. Etc, etc...

I need a 4-ohm cab and may add a second cab in the near future (I want to try out just one 210XST and see if I'll need a second 210XST or maybe something else to complement it for louder situations--i.e. once you have a 210, is a 118 or something the right addition for outdoors or large rooms...short throw/long throw, etc)

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Two stores that I am aware of that have Eden T-210XST's in stock are Bass Central (www.basscentral.com) and Low Down Sound (www.lowdownsound.com). I think Bass Central has both 4 and 8 ohm, and Low Down Sound had one 4 ohm cab (which I auditioned, along with some Accugroove, Epifani, etc. cabs).

Tom.

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hey, I know...

...uh...

...darn, Tom beat me to it!

;)

wardak, PM or e-mail me, I will take care of ya!

:D

4. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    You gotta look out for that GARD guy..hes trouble man!

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    HEY, WATCH IT...

:mad:

...or no more TBer discount for you!

;)

Next thing ya know, they'll be callin' me the TB crack dealer or somethin'...

...er...

TOO LATE!

:eek:

6. Thanks guys. I tried to send an E-mail to you Gard via the link here on TB--hopefully that works...

rwardak@hotmail.com

7. Gard, you no home? You no check your E-mail? (Hehe...)

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    wardak, you got mail!

9. OK, Gard is still dealin the K^@(& ...er, I mean... he still puts the GEAR in G.A.S. One 210 XST coming right up. Thanks Gard, I'm looking forward to the cab...will let you know how it works out.

10. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    I would never let Gard talk me into buying a 210 XST :rolleyes: ;)

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Yeah, why on earth would you want one of those?

:confused:

:spit:

(Ready for a second one yet? :D)

12. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    You evil evil man...
    It's getting there though ;)

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    ... Gard snags another one.

14. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    Gard rules! (so does the XST)

:)

15. OK, now that I'm waiting for it to arrive, tell me about the XST. What heavenly sounds will it make? What other gear are you using yours with? Just one 210 XST or two? For what it's worth I found a used WT-800 and I'm going to go with my original plan and check out the single 210 XST before I decide what second cab I'm going to go with...

16. BigTopBruno

BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    I tried many (except real high end), and to me, nothing sounded better than the XST. True and powerful is how I would describe it. Handles low notes without breaking a sweat.

Two, obviously, is better than one. One can get loud, though.

I use a Hartke 3500.

enjoy

17. It's here! It's here! Got the cab earlier than Gard said I would, and it's AWESOME! This is the first 10"-only cab that works me, it has great full-range sound, and it is capable of all of the thump that I used to think only a larger-driver cab could give (15"+). It's been a few months since I tried the 410-XST, and I don't recall the 410 giving me as good of an impression.

With other cabs, EQ-wise I've had to either push up the bass to get an even sound (because of roll-off), or back off the bass because the speakers struggled with it (my impression of the Metro on the lowest notes of a 5-string).

After two days with the 210, I'm still not sure what it's capable of yet. It is hooked to one side of a WT-800 and it doesn't even flinch--also EQ staight up is just about right, and adjustments give me the variety of tones I've been looking for. Even with the bass EQ pushed up, I simply get more bass without problems (I can get more bass than I need really).

Basically it does exactly what I want, and I have not heard another cab do what this little 2x10 cab does. Amazing. What Eden needs to do now is make an XST version of the Metro, I think...

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, this cab ius the SCHTUFF, thanks Gard! (We might have a partial cure for GAS...)