Where to buy La Bellas, and a few other questions

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by tekhna, Nov 12, 2004.

1. tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    I am wanting to give La Bellas a try, but I am trying to tighten up the low B on a 5 string of mine (well, my friends, but I have it for a while)-Is it too much to put a .135 or even .145 on a 34" scale neck? Is there a good place to get La Bellas online? I did a google, and no selling place came up.

EDIT-Is it a bad idea to put "Long scale" strings on a 34" neck?
    I am assuming long scale means 35+
  2. Contrapuntal

Mar 1, 2004
    I just bought some 4 string La Bellas from www.juststrings.com and it looks like they might have what you're looking for.
  3. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I'm not sure about your guage questions, but juststrings.com has a good selection of LaBellas.
  4. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
  5. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
  6. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    And yet another option. BP Strings has LaBellas as well, and at very good prices. They don't ship as fast as Just Strings IME, but I haven't had any trouble with them.
  7. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Another vote for Big City Strings.

I ordered my LaBellas from them over the phone, and before noon.
    The guy assured me that they had them in stock and that they would ship out that day. I received them only 2 days after I placed the phone order. Decent prices too.
  8. rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    go to carvinguitars.com. i just got two sets from them. they are $10 a set with a one time $7.99 handeling. that means two pairs for $28. and yes, though the label says carvin, they are la bellas. don't believe me? call the 1800 number.

9. I always buy from BP Sales and never had a problem with anything, and the best thing, the best prices!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  10. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Long scale means 34". Medium scale is 32". Small scale is <= 30".
  11. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I'm sure they're made by Labella, but they're not necessarily exactly the same as a LaBella branded string. I've been meaning to try a set of Slappers to see if they really are the same as the Carvin nickels. In any case, the Carvin nickels are very nice IME - I currently have them on my Jazz Bass.
  12. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  13. rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    well i just got in the strings from carvinguitars.com (made by, or are la bellas) and i have to say i'm impressed. i scored a set of the 040-100 and i quite like them. i also ordered the 045-105 but haven't tried them on yet.
    for as cheap as they are, and as good as they sound, i'll order another set next time i need strings.