Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where to buy my next amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nick man, Jun 2, 2002.

1. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Hi everyone,

Im looking into buying a new amp in a few months (I still need alot more money), and wanna know where I can find the best price.

Im looking at a few different brands.

Eden
    Ashdown
    Trace Elliot
    Mesa Boogie

If you know of any places that have good prices for any of these brands, let me know.

I prefer somewhere with a website or E-mail, but if you know of one with really good prices that doesnt, I think the trade off of a few cents on the phone bill over that of the many dolars on the amp is worth it.

Thanks again.

Peace
    Nick

PS- I hope this isnt in the wrong forum. Im not really asking for the amps, so I dont think it should be in the gear wanted section.

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Nick -

First the bad news: Trace Elliot is out of business (another victim of the Gibson curse!).

Next, Mesa Boogie has very strict dealer agreements, so I think you'll find pricing on their stuff to be pretty uniform everywhere you look. If there's a Guitar Center down your way, you may find it there.

My recommendation after that is a day trip to Orlando! :D (see the very bottom of my signature)

We may not be a big fancy city like Miami, but we do have the best bass shop in the Southeastern US, and possibly in the world! :cool: There's stuff at BC you didn't even know you wanted....;)

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    They are? The website is up, anyway...

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    You know what?

I think Im gonna write a strongly worded letter to Gibson. They used to be cool, now I just dont want to think about them. I guess Ill have to do the eBay thing.

As far as Mesa Boogie goes, I guess Ill just check Guitar Center (We have 2 nearby!)

Maybe Ill go ahead and do the Orlando thing. Some friends of mine are talking about taking a road trip up there after school gets out. If not, as soon as I get my liscence.

Well thanks again.

Peace
    Nick

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Oh yeah I forgot that I already e-mailed you guys!

Just post more info in the e-mail if you'd like.

Peace
    Nick

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Hmmm...

I guess no one here has ever bought a Trace Elliot, Ashdown, Eden, or Mesa Boogie amp.

Peace
    Nick

7. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Bass Central is a good place. You should also try Bass NorthWest at www.bassnw.com

8. FTK

FTK

Apr 24, 2002
    Wa. State
    Not sure if American Musical Supply carries the brands you are looking for, but I have found their prices to be very competitive.

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thanks, but no they dont carry what I need.

Peace
    Nick

10. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    go and visit Gard at BC. I think you'll find what you need there. I'm trying to get a trip down to florida to get my feet in that place sometime this summer... anyone in Carolina Area wanna make a road trip???

11. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    There's a place up in Surnise I think called M.E.C. (?). It's just a bit north of the Ft. Laud. Airport. Great guys to work with. Better than any GC. I wish I rememebered the address, but I moved about 1 1/2 years ago and I just can't recall the name of the street.

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thanks

Ill see if I can find it.

Peace
    Nick