Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where to buy parts for amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by deluxeg, Jan 21, 2006.

1. deluxeg

deluxeg

May 5, 2001
    I was wondering if anybody knows where I could get amp components, preferably from an online vendor. I'm specifically looking for the board that has the EQ sliders on it for an ampeg SVT 3 Pro. Could this be ordered from Ampeg maybe? Any help is appreciated.

2. tadawson

tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Typically, that is not though of as a 'part' as much as a 'module' or 'board'. The parts are the individual components on the board, and any decent electronics supplier should have them. Short of being broken in half or having been on fire, there is typically no reason whatsoever to replace a board on one of these amps - fix what you have at a fraction of the cost!

- Tim

3. deluxeg

deluxeg

May 5, 2001
    Ok I found a place that sells the slider pots, except they have like 4 different kinds, does anybody know what my amp requires. At allelectronics.com they have 50K, 75K, 1K, Dual 100K, I dont know which is the correct one.

4. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    This is a case where you probably have to get in touch with the manufacturer. Even if the component value is known, panel mounted parts (pots, switches, jacks) often come in a variety of mechanical formats, which are often not carried as stock by any supplier. More often than not, re-jiggering a part that doesn't quite fit ends up costing you more in time an aggravation than shelling out for the official replacement part.