1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where to buy power amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DumDrummer, Mar 14, 2008.

1. DumDrummer

DumDrummer

Mar 14, 2007
    South OC, CA
    Who has a good power amp selection? I am still a bit noobish when it comes to this bass stuff so all I really know to check is like musicians friend and they have 3 in the bass section. Am I looking in the wrong section or the wrong store entirely?

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You should be looking in the PA section, but not really. You should be visiting this site and asking them for their prices on power amps. No one will beat their prices.

3. Take a look at the Carvin.com website. their DCM power amps are really good. I have a few of them.

Paul

4. Check the classifeds right here on TalkBass!
    You'll see power amps that have been used for bass (most of the time) and you might save a buck or two. :)

5. Check around some of the local Mom and Pop stores. I got a used QSC RMX 850 for 200.00 and it's worked quite well with a lot of use.

I also just got a good deal on a used Stewart World 1.2 amp (1 rack space, 11lbs, 1000 watts bridged @ 4 ohms) from a fellow TB'er.