1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Where to buy strings in CA?

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by yesdot, Apr 6, 2006.

1. yesdot

yesdot

Mar 8, 2004
    Sydney Australia
    Can anyone reccomend a luthier in the Torrence, CA area? Need to pick up some strings.

2. Torrence I don't know but Lemur Music is in San Juan Capistrano.

3. Dr Rod

Dr Rod

Aug 19, 2005
    I would embrace the world community and buy online. California or North Dakota...it matters very little.

4. World of strings in LB is probably the closest to you, but they don't stock tons of strings so you should call ahead to see if they have what you want. If you can wait a couple of days and don't want to leave the house, use Lemur. I rarely have to wait more than 2 working days with those guys even with the cheap shipping. Price-wise, there are slightly better on-line options but from the midwest, the shipping takes longer but you don't have to pay tax.
    -Jon

5. Andy Allen

Andy Allen "Working Bassist"

Aug 31, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    +1 on "What Jon Says" (tm) :p

World of Strings is your best bet - it's easy to get to - from Torrance take the 405 South , 710 South, 6th street exit (East), merge with 7th street and it's a couple blocks on the right.

Nice place, great people and a good selection of basses. Leave yourself some time to play them - I'll probably be there Friday checking some out myself. :cool:

On the other hand, I never buy strings from shops - it is way more cost effective and convenient to buy online. I mostly use Quinns - good prices and service, although it does take about a week for them to get strings to me.

Good luck,

6. yesdot

yesdot

Mar 8, 2004
    Sydney Australia
    Great! I'll stop by World of Strings. Thanks all...