1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Where to buy used gear? (Ireland)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cannon1, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Cannon1

Cannon1

Dec 29, 2019
    Hi all,
    I am planning to start playing bass and so need to find a good beginner bass and amp. The advise given on this forum is consistently 'buy used'. However I have struggled to find good places to buy used gear, ideally online. I am from Ireland, and so the gear must come from Europe to avoid taxes and such nonsense. Preferably I would have it shipped to me.
    Another issue is that most gear that I find is far above my budget. What tips do you have to find gear that is affordable used? Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    If your budget is low, your best bet is to find whatever version of a local craigslist you have, as shipping even an inexpensive bass can be costly.

TolerancEJ likes this.
  3. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    And join the basschat forum. Just like this page, the bc'ers sell lots of great gear 'over there'.

TolerancEJ likes this.
  4. This is true. I often check out the BassChat forum classifieds as well.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021