Where to find a band?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fleanthony18, Oct 3, 2001.

1. Anybody out there know of a good place to find a band to join? Can't seem to find anyone around here.
  2. Band are usually pretty easy to find for bassists, just check for advertisments on the windows at all the music stores. Also put the word out to anyone you speak to. Eventually someone will know someone who knows someone etc. who wants to start a band. Also check out any local music publications, they often have a musicians wanted section.
    You could put your own advertisement in a music store window, just say you are a bassist looking to join a band, or advertise for other musicians to form a band.
  3. fisk

Jan 3, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I dont know exactly where Ottawa Kansas is, but if your near a larger city, i'm sure you have musicians forums that advertise for band members. Try searching for for a website devoted to local music and see if they have a forum section.

And if you find one, as a bass player, you wont have any trouble finding a band. Because i'm a fairly new player, I posted an ad saying beginner looking for other amatures to jam with for fun. And I told them up front i'm just a newbie, but I still received almost a dozen replies in less than two days.

If you can play at all, you'll have no trouble finding a band.

Good luck

4. LimpChunk9

May 8, 2001
    Bronx, NY

Scroll down a bit and look to the left. Look in Musicians Classifieds or something like that. You can enter your zip code and see if any people need someone for their band.
  5. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Thanks for that great link...I just found two ads from people in my area that sound perfect for me.
  6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    You people are lucky -- there ain't sh*t for musicians around me. Everyone wants to be in a heavy metal cover band.
  7. www.musician.com it has some people on it you can look for in your area.

I found a couple in my area with it.