1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Where to find compact cabinets (single 8's or 10's)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Robf, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Robf

Robf

Feb 14, 2007
    Union City, CA
    Hello,

I'm currently using a Line6 Lowdown 110 combo, but I want to replace this with a GK or similar d-class amp. Problem is I only have a large 2x10 GK cab, way more than I need at my apartment.

I saw that Eden and MarkBass offer small single cabinets but would be open to other vendors. I just looking for something really compact and decent sound that will work with external amps.

2. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Here's one option for you to consider:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/low-cost-diy-practice-coffeehouse-tweeterless-110-%5Blong%5D-736360/

This was a hot topic on TB a few years ago. I put one of these together for about $120 and it worked great. I still use it as my practice cab and for occasional use for an upright gig. I Use it with an iamp 300, and it works great.

From what I can tell, there are not alot of decent 110s out there - other than some high-priced ones (Markbass, Acme) that might be more than you want to spend.

3. Robf

Robf

Feb 14, 2007
    Union City, CA
    That's a great idea, I did think of using a home sub woofer but wasn't sure of the overall cost, sometimes DIY is more than buying from the store.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Home subs are not bass cabs and should never be mistaken for them. They're not designed to handle instruments. Just sayin'...