1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where to find non-Aguilar, Aguilar DB112 covers...if that makes any sense

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dave79, May 5, 2010.

1. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

I've got two DB112's that need covers and I don't want to shell out $200+ for the actual Aguilar brand. Been searching online and although most places make covers for Aguilar, I've only been able to find one place that does the DB112. Anybody know? Cheaper the better, just trying to prevent scratches, but any options appreciated.
    Thanks,
    -Dave

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    Tuki generally makes covers for anything. great quality and a number of grades/options

3. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

I was looking at Tuki and although they can make a custom one, they don't have a stock DB112.

4. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    hint-tuki and a few of the other cover makers probably make everyone's covers just like there are only a few speaker and string manufacturers. perhaps you can find out who makes the aggie cover.

fwiw, even a custom tuki wont run you 200 bills

5. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

Yes, Tuki does make Aguilar's covers...which is odd that they don't list a DB112 unbranded. I should call them.

6. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

Actually the one's that they list on the Tuki site just send you to the Aguilar store, maybe they won't sell an unbranded one at all(?)

7. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    could be a contractural no-compete. honest, can't be too hard to have someone make one out of cordoura (sp?) or similar tough material as long as you give them dimensions and they have the heavy duty sewing machine.

i think my tuki padded all six sides with velcro closure and holes for the handles for my bag end cab cost me $60 8 or so years ago. and that was the toughest they made. a slip cover of that cordoura material cant be all that much.

or hey! how about 4 pairs of old denim jeans sewed together......:p

8. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    I have all my covers made by D2F covers (http://www.d2fcovers.com).
    They provide a db112 cover although it is not advertised on their site. They even offer the option of having the "open" side opposite the handle side.

In case the email adress on the website doesn't work, PM me for a different one.

9. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Cindy at Custom Amp Covers is very responsive and good customer service:

Custom Amp Covers, inc.

www.amplifiercovers.com