1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where to find Plastic Concentric/Stacked knobs?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ubado, Nov 13, 2010.

1. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    I'm trying to find a place where I can find plastic concentric knobs. All I can find are metal ones (and I don't want to change out all of my knobs because of it. and I really like the stock knobs on my Elrick).

I'm looking for the typical Bartolini style concentric/stacked knob set ... like the on my bass below (not the bass I'm needing it for ;) :smug:)

Cloverbody2.

I'm going to do a WTB thread, but I don't have much luck with those.

Thanks ahead of time. :)

2. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Anyone? :ninja:

3. Samsound

Samsound

Sep 28, 2010
    I've seen plastic ones on Mouser, but don't think they match that style, and don't know what type/size shaft you've got (that sounds kinda wrong...).

4. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner Mo's Shop & MBD - Tech Nordstrand Commercial User

May 25, 2003
    Redlands, CA
    mouser.com

5. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
  6. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
  7. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    I checked them out ... can't find any online.

I think I'll try to call Bartolini tomorrow ... perhaps they know who might have them (or by the off, chance they might)

I just can't believe it's this hard to find plastic ones ... metal, sure ... just no plastic. :meh:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

8. Good luck on that calling Bartolini customer service idea! Let us know how that goes!

Eeeh, if I end up installing this NTBT preamp in my GWB35, I'll sell you the plastic stack knobs cheap. But I might not install it, so didn't want to get your hopes up by mentioning it before.

9. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Hey thanks for that! :)

... some light at the end of the tunnel is better than knowing it's boarded up. :D

As far as calling Bart ... it's a shot in the dark. :smug:

I made a WTB thread ... but I generally don't have too much luck with those.

10. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    I have the EMG ones if you want them - I'll never use them. I'll send them to you, free of charge. PM me your address.

11. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    PM'd
    You ROCK!!! :)

(it's times like these that make me so proud to be a member of such a great cast of bassists! :))

12. I think you need to check with luthiers. I know that those came with Barts on most M Tobias basses but once got help from Rudy's Music Stop for a set too.
    Could't find anywhere else so far.

13. studio848

studio848 Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    SoCal, SWFL