1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where to find...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by donmatejo, Sep 14, 2008.

1. donmatejo

donmatejo

Jul 26, 2007
    hi there!

could you tell me how to find scratches or plans for 1x12 cab and for it's construction? also any thoughts and opinions about best solution for you, what works for you well would be appreciated. I won't build myself, my college will do it for low price and I would like to have box that is good enough for pracising w/ bigbands and for small ambient gigs w/ trio's. I will prolly put some eminence in it and drive through Hartke 3500 head (prolly on 4ohms so 350w).

I simply can't lift my VX3500 combo everyday in my car and out for a few times.

Please help, don.

2. donmatejo

donmatejo

Jul 26, 2007
    anyone?

3. qts

qts

May 15, 2006
    Ijmuiden-holland
    D.I.Y cab, Delta12LF+La6-CBMR.
    69litre[netto] after subtracting volume taken up by speakers,airmass in the port,etc
    Made from 18mm ply
    DSC01689.

4. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    I have done numerous big-band and combo gigs with the 12" DIY described at my website. It weighs 17 pounds, and has somewhere around 32 liters of air volume. Topped with a Micro300 head, the whole amp rig weighs less than 20 pounds. I just used it last Tuesday with an insanely loud big-band, Friday for a wedding, and Saturday for a small jazz club gig.

Sorry the plans are sketchy, but I always figured that one could take any set of speaker plans and alter the dimensions to achieve the desired internal volume and port tuning. My little article is more focused on the technical side of things, particularly what makes a "too small box" work for bass.