Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where to get a good graphite neck replacement in the US

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ebladeboi123, Aug 28, 2005.

1. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    Well I really want to get a graphite neck for one of basses. 4 string p style is what I'm looking for. I've looked at moses, but heard horrid things about the air pockets/workmanship of it. And the frets are a lil to high for me (sorry but i gotta be picky). I've also looked at status, but then saw that 78$ price on shipping. So the neck would end up being like 575, or something ridic. like that. I want the height of the frets around .35 - . 42. The moses is around .55, which i don't really want. This is all based on my crack research of Dunlop frets (hard site to follow imo).

So- where do I find a good graphite neck in the USA without giving my right nut (under 500).

Thanks in advance
    Dan

2. Charge more for your nut, dude!

3. strummer

strummer

Jul 27, 2005
    Sweden
    You'll find those old Modulus J-style necks on ebay.
    I like Moses, and don't they do medium frets?

4. WJF

WJF

Aug 1, 2005
    I've got a Moses fretless neck. No problems with workmanship and most definitely, no problems with stability.

5. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    Supposivly they only use the Dunlop 6150 frets. Witch are around .55. And i much prefer the frets to be on the lower end of my sclae- 36 is ideal. Ya i'm picky...

6. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Last time I looked the Status Fender style replacement necks were $US435 + shipping.
    If you check out the specs page you'll see their frets are 0.112 x 0.35.
    I can't speak highly enough of the excellent service and support I've had from Rob, even over 'what if' enquiries. The quality of their products are superb.

7. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    Add in the 80 dollars of shipping, and it's a bit over what i want to spend. Are there any US dealers that sell status stuff?