1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Where to get a pedal moded??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lookjojoisplaid, Apr 24, 2006.

  1. lookjojoisplaid


    Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    I live in san diego does anyone know of anyone i can take pedals to to have them moddd. Or is there a company with a website that i can send pedals to to have them moded?

    anyone who answers is very pretty in my book
  2. Trevorus


    Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    There are a few places if you do a google search.

    What mods are you looking for specifically?
  3. seventhson

    seventhson Supporting Member

    Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    analogman.com; robertkeeley.com; lovepedal.com
  4. Brian wampler also does them at

    what kind of mod are you thinking of doing? It might be something so easy you could do it yourself, or someone here could do it for you :)
  5. all depends on what pedal it is :)
  6. lookjojoisplaid


    Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    I really only need a guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume, a guyatone MD-3, and an old Boss PN-2 tremolo/pan all converted to true bypass. They all tend to leak into my signal even when off. But i also wanted to see what kind of mods there are for the MD-3

  7. Trevorus


    Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Just buy a LOOOPER. It would do the same task and be easier. That way, you'll not have to mod pedals at all.
  8. seanm

    seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

    Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    +1 Adding true bypass is usually not easy and expensive.
  9. tplyons


    Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    True, a loooper would be the most economical solution.

    However, if you're adamant about modifying them, I would contact J. Everman at www.jeverman.com
  10. Denyle Guitars

    Denyle Guitars

    Nov 30, 2005
    Usually a TBP mod is simple. In the case of the Guyatone micro series, it'll be more difficult due to the space restriction. In all probability, the only way it can be done is to rehouse it in another enclosure. The looper really is the best choice.

Share This Page