1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where to get a pickguard.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by pica, May 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. pica

pica

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Can anybody recommend someplace to get a replacement tort pickguard for my Fender Jazz Bass. I had a place I use to get parts from but they closed.

image.jpeg

2. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

For genuine Fender guards, particularly if you’re looking for genuine tortoiseshell:
    Fender pickguards

There are also plenty of less expensive options on places like eBay, but make sure it’s genuine Fender if you’re looking for a tort guard. Most everything else is a printed image under a clear layer, unless you want to shell out big $$$ for a Spitfire guard.

3. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    I have to recommend WD Pickguards because they’ve done me well in the past. Top quality tort.

fhm555, 2saddleslab and Phil60 like this.
  4. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Pickguardian. Tony made a killer tort one for my AV '62 Jazz Bass. It made the bass sound so much better than stock.

5. 1bassplayinfool

1bassplayinfool -Nowhere Man- Gold Supporting Member

Got this one on ebay $10

upload_2019-5-16_16-37-35.png

6. Burwabit

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    I can see why

1bassplayinfool and Jeff Scott like this.
  7. 1bassplayinfool

1bassplayinfool -Nowhere Man- Gold Supporting Member

Look closely... the control plate is not screwed in place... ;)

8. Burwabit

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Ah gotcha :)

9. Stan_da_man

Stan_da_man

Aug 29, 2006
    UK
    Do you have a link to the seller / pickguard? Almost impossible to find genuine celluloid tort over the horrible photo kind that seems so common on eBay.

10. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Same here. They fit good and are not too awfully spendy. The big problem i ran into with che-pass eBay guards was it was hard to get one cut correctly to match the control plate on my J basses. I bought three at once and was able to get only one of them to fit without a big crooked gap. Too much material had been cut away in that area, I’ve never had that problem with a WD guard. I also got a WD guard from an online music store and it came with a big scratch running the entire length of the guard. I called the seller to order another guard and when i told them why they said no worries, we’ve got you covered. A few days later i received a no charge replacement directly from WD.