1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where to get a setup in Orlando?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bdubs16, Mar 31, 2009.

1. bdubs16

bdubs16

Mar 29, 2009
    orlando
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a reputable place to take my MIM Fender P-Bass to get professionally set-up. Anyone know of a good place and can you give me a ballpark price for what you paid and what you had done? Thanks!

2. Dennis Kong

Dennis Kong Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2004
    San Mateo CA
    I was visiting my brother in Orlando last year and visited a
    great shop in your area.
    They could help you: Bass Central- downtown Orlando.
    Mike or Beaver...
    I buy my F bass strings from them.
    They have many basses- check out their postings here.

3. bdubs16

bdubs16

Mar 29, 2009
    orlando
    Thanks Dennis Kong, I'll give them a call.

4. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    +1 on Bass Central, Grasshopper is the guy to talk to. I've been using him to work on my basses for years.

5. Learning To Do Your Own Set Up's = Priceless

6. Yea, that guy is pretty cool and you can spend all day in that store(at least I did) learning to do your own setups has got obvious perks as well.

7. bdubs16

bdubs16

Mar 29, 2009
    orlando
    I'm learning as I go and I eventually want to get to the point where I can assemble my own bass, wiring and all, because I'm the kind of person who hates paying someone for something I can do myself. I messed around with it the other day and my friend helped me out with intonation and I got it pretty damn close to where I want it so I may hold off on getting a professional setup since that means more money I can put towards a new cab :)

8. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    Yea I've stopped in at bass central it seems like a good place.