Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

where to get all the small screws?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Wademeister63, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    I lost one of the little screws that go with my Hipshot tuners. I bought some Bartolini pickups off Ebay that have no mounting screws. I'll have a cover or two on the back of my bass when it's all done.

I've looked all over Lowes, Home Depot and Radio Shack but have found no suitable screws for any of these three applications! I suppose I could contact Bartolini and Hipshot for the missing pieces, but I'm stumped as to where to get nice screws for the covers. Does anyone know where I can get all of my missing screws in one shot?

2. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    I was about to suggest the same place!

Umm.... the local hardware store MIGHT have the right screws.

3. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    Great!!

Thank you.

Do local hardware stores still exist? I thought the super lumber/hardware stores drove them all out of business...

Still is worth a look, I think I got some tiny screws for my first guitar project from a local hardware store about 25 years ago.

4. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Well, I consider any hardware store that is nearby a "local hardware store." I've got a local hardware store (by your definition) just down the street. The only problem is that they're so freaking expensive! A while back, I went to the local for a bottle of yellow carpenter's glue. It was $4.98!! The same size, brand, and type of glue at Home Depot was only $1.47!! I only go to the local if I need individual nails or screws.

But anyway.... AllParts.com is the best place to go.