1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where to get an 18 volt power adaptor for a Fulltone OCD pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by andrew, Mar 23, 2009.

1. andrew

andrew Supporting Member

May 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC/Pacific Northwest
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    Does anyone know where I can get an adaptor for a Fulltone OCD pedal?
    Anyone here running their OCD on 18 volts? If so, how much difference does it make vs. running it on 9 volts?

2. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    There are a few companies that will sell that rating. I would check Electroharmonix. You could also run two 9V adaptors using one of those Godlyke y connectors, or there is always devices like(I think?) the Dunlop brick. Could be wrong on that:p

I have the Fulltone GT-500, and while I have yet to run it on 18 V, I know the increased voltage allows for more head room. Its like running a 300 W rated amp at 300W versus a 700W amp at 300W. The 700 will be more efficient, and that is what you are getting with the added voltage.

Hope this helps :)

3. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    If you already have a 9v daisy chain, just get a Godlyke Power Pump or Diago 18v Adaptor to convert one of your 9v tips to 18v. I have a Diago adaptor on my daisy chain so I can put 18v through my Diamond Compressor.

4. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Sometimes you can find an 18v dunlop adapter in GC stores

5. BluesWalker

BluesWalker Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    A lot of the DI Radical pedals require more than 9 V, they might have an 18v adapter.

6. andrew

andrew Supporting Member

May 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC/Pacific Northwest
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    Sorry do you mean Radial, or is Radical also a brand making pedals?

7. BluesWalker

BluesWalker Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I mean Radial, lol

8. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    I would so call my pedal company Radical:cool:

9. how do you like that pedal with bass?

10. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    I've tried it on bass, it's alright. Reminds me of a hotter BassDrive. Good thing they added the Hp/LP filters.

11. i just got an ocd and love it. it puts some hair on my bass tones proverbial chest.

about the 18v adapter, i have seen some one spots that are 18v and there are a lot of power bricks that have 18v outs. mine does.

12. crayzee

crayzee

Feb 12, 2009
    Mississauga, ON
    That's what I use. It was a PITA to find. You do notice a difference vs. 9 volt. It seems to sound more grittier, but in a good way.

Also, try to run it from an outlet or at least direct from an extension cord that you know is good.

13. babaseen

babaseen The BJFE Blueberry for sale Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2001
    Boston, MA
    I am using the Dunlop adapter with my Fulltone Bass Drive and it does seem to make the pedal sound more present than at 9V with the same settings. I even wired the pedal with two 9V batteries in series (there is just enough room inside for two batteries) so I can get away with not using the adpater all the time.

On another note...Just scored a Blueberry recently so I will have the 18V adapter and Bass Drive up for sale soon.

14. davebass74

davebass74

Feb 5, 2019
    Sorry Guys reopen the post:

I just bought a FULLTONE DIRVE 2 mosfet, but my power supply (FAME DCT200) has 9V but also 12.5V
    and also from 14V (not from 18V unfortunately ..).

Can you help me? thanks from Italy :)