where to get an S-1 jazz knob.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Linas, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    I just ordered a push/push knob for my jazz bass which i will be wiring in series/paralell. I was wondering where i can get one of the fender s-1 knobs meant for the push push pot.
  2. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I just had S/D SJB II's installed in my jazz bass and wanted to know the same thing. I can't find them anywhere.
  3. 1. The S-1 knob is not push pull but "push push". While the outer portion of the knob is for volume control the center is a push button only for S-1 series and parallel modes.
    2. Fender will only sell them as a replacement for S-1 on a Bass that came from Fender with it on it already.
    3. Just use a standard knob for the push pull switch.
  4. Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    my pot i ordered is a PUSH/PUSH.
  5. Call Fender direct at 480 596-9690 and ask if you can get the pushbutton knob for S-1

BTW, can you tell me where you got the part and the part number for your Push Push switch. I would like to look at it and see if something might be available.
  6. Linas

Jan 6, 2005
  7. chrispy108

May 3, 2005
    They just use a standard knob, on the S1 switch the middle of the knob pushes down.
  8. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    I use a push/pull. seems easier to tell when its on or off

9. Yes, it is easier to tell the position but the push/push is quick and easy to use.

10. The Fender S-1 does use a special knob where the center pushes the switch and outer portion controls the volume.
    For your purposes, the switch you are using requires just a standard knob. While not as "kewl" as the fender it is just as functional and will probably give far less trouble than the Fender counterpart. I feel Fender put too much into its switch that can go wrong.
    Just my opinion and I am sticking to it.
  11. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    + 1 (LoveThatBass)

I agree, that PUSH/PUSH from basspartsresource doesn't require that special fender knob. It looks like it's a standard push switch (like the Les Pauls had a one point) where you just put a normal knob on there, and push it in to activate it, and it springs back to position.
  12. Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Right on, then ile probly just slap my old knob on there. BTW robert, i dig ur sig.