where to get bartolini pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Strat11786, May 31, 2002.

1. i live in new york and im trying to get a set of bartolini p-bass pickups. does anyone know any good websites that sell them or anywhere else to get them?
  2. ganttbos

ganttbos The Professor Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Call Grasshopper at Bass Central. I went around and around with several dealers and got all kinds of stories about the wait involved. No BS answers from Grasshopper. He knows all the models, stocks a lot of them, and can either get the others quickly or will tell you the real scoop.
  3. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    I think ganttbos has the best idea. I was gonna say marsmusic.com -
    they used to list the 8S but now it doesn't show up.

"Electric City Music" has the "8SR" (8SU maybe?...brightest voicing) for almost li$t :( .

GuitarElectronics.com has the 8S - "deep, smooth tone with lots of lows and low mids"

Maybe Michael Jewels or Nino Brown could help out? :)
  4. FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    i ordered a 5 string MM style pickup and a preamp system (both bartolini) from bass central and it took 6 weeks to get them...
    I was told that there is a shortage of potentiometers in the US... i'm not quite sure if i believe that or not, but nontheless... 6 weeks isn't too bad.
  5. Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    i got my bartolini m4 pickups from electric city music, and pretty quickly too. and i got my ntmb pre amp from bill conklin.
  6. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Guitar Center will also order them for you, even if they don't have them in stock.
  7. I got a set of 9W pickups from Tim's Guitar Workshop - he had them in stock and is a fast shipper. I did have to remind him that his web price is lower than his in-store price but I was very happy with the transaction.

A word to the wise - always check stock before ordering Bartolini hardware. Gabe at bassnw told me he's been waiting more than a year for a custom set. Bill Bartolini makes great pickups - but his customer service leaves a little to be desired.

Tim's has bart 8S and 8U pickups in stock - the 8ST is backordered right now.