where to get GK speakons?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xcental34x, Jul 9, 2004.

1. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I picked up my new 1001RB-II the other day, but of course GC didn't give me all the accessories. Where can I order a 4 pin speakon cable like the one that is SUPPOSED to be included with the head? And not the Speakon-1/4 that GK sells on their site.

2. I have a male on both ends (Neutrik) speakon about 3' long
  3. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Isi the the correct biamp cable for GK amps? I believe its -2,+2,-1,+2 pins. Is that it?

4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I thought that the bi-amping on GK's heads only worked for certain GK cabs... I may be wrong though. :eyebrow:
  5. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    THe RBH series. I'm ordering mine tomorrow. Sweet sweet biamping.
  6. You can order it straight from the company. It's wired straight through. +1 goes to +1, -1 goes to -1 etc.
  7. I build my own sometimes. Go to a high end stereo, or car stereo store and get some thick gauge 4 lead speaker wire (I usually use monster cable).

Then all you need is 2 4 pin speakon connectors and a screw driver.
  8. squire_pwr

Apr 15, 2003
    San Diego, CA.
    I would think such cables would be available almost anywhere that sells speakon cables. They're pretty much standard, GK didn't go out and make their own type of cable or anything. Just make sure the speakon cable you get has 4 pins, not 2.
  9. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    ive never understand speakon cables. 1/4 inch are so much more understandale. but im told speakons are better and hold the power better.

i have 2 speakon, one that is female on both ends. and one that is 1/4 inch and female.... what bugs me is that none of the speakons will plug into the back of my amp (ashdown abm 900) but they will plug into my cabinet (ashdown abm 414t). its really bizarre. oh well, just thought id share.