Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where to get Grille Hardware..??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rockbobmel, May 28, 2004.

1. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I am picking up a 8-10 empty cab tomorrow. I think it is without the cloth grille. I was thinking of either 2, 4-10 grilles like Eden's, or a single mesh grille made from that stamped stuff. Any Ideas?? Thanks, Bob

2. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    Funny you mention it, I just got done making one. Original style 1x2 poplar frame with the blue/silver grill cloth.

I suppose you could do it Eden-style, but finding a piece of perforated metal that big would be tough, and getting the 90 degree bends to look good would be even tougher.

3. Rockbobmel

Yeah, I know. How about expanded metal (diamond cut).??

4. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
  5. ubersam

ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    L.A.
    If you can find a sheet of expanded metal big enough for an 8x10 cab, I think that would be better in terms of air flow. May even be cheaper. The only drawback I could think of is that it would/could rust if not painted properly.

6. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I might have a pice of perf or expanded that would be big enough for an 8x10. I work in a metal shop and have remnants and such, a laser for the shape and a brake for the sides. I'll need spec's though. I know a powder coater as well, but that would take longer.

Lemme know. I'll do one, but only one.

e-mail me.

7. Rockbobmel

Thanks, I'm heading up to get the cab today... I'll get back to you., Bob

8. Rockbobmel

It came with the grille. I just need to re cloth it. Thanks a lot though. Bob

9. Sidecar666

Sidecar666

Mar 27, 2004
    Try Parts Express. They have all kinds of accessories for cabs good prices too!
    www.Partsexpress.com