Where to get Haagen-Dasz labels for my rig? (new rig content)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wilbyman, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Cause this one is pretty sweet, and tasty...with plenty of saturated fat to go around!

Thanks to B String, Peter Parker, Tom B., Emjazz and KJung for consulting and/or assisting on this one. I can't express how stoked I am on this setup. The WT-550 is voiced wonderfully for fat, yet hi-fi, plug and play tone. I am a big fan of that smooth Gary Willis/Alain Caron sound with a slight low-mid accent and dash of top-end sparkle. The 550 gives it up with barely any EQ.

Tom and B String hipped me to the 110/112UL setup. It's terrific! I had the Berg HT/EX setup which was very good, but to me the 110/112 is much smoother and more full-range...at a pretty significant weight reduction. I think the 112UL packs as much heat as most 2x10 cabs I've heard, and I love how the Epifani stuff cuts without sounding honky.

OK, here are some pics...I hope to update the thread with some gig pics/report pretty soon.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Bet that does sound nice. Congrats! :D
  3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Nice! But ground that rig, son!!!
  4. that's a great rig. nice and compact too.

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah, man...you don't want any surprises...ALWAYS ground!!!

Now for the rig....that's really a nice set up and the bass is killer, Playa!!!
  6. let's see...sweet bass? check. sweet cabs? check. sweet head? check...yea, that's a sweet rig :cool:
  7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    epifani cabs are buttah.
  8. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Good call, guys! Wasn't thinking bout it!

Thanks for the compliments, I just had to share it wit ya.
  9. philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    I don't get it. How can you tell it's not grounded?

10. oh, the bass and the rig are pretty cool too :smug:
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Check the plug at the wall. That red thing is an adaptor; old sockets only had two prongs; these days most have three, with the one on bottom being a grounding prong. The adaptor lets him plut a three prong plug into a two prong outlet.
  12. See that little red adapter thing at the end of the plug that's going into the wall? I'm pretty sure that's a 3-prong to 2-prong adapter, which means the grounding prong is disabled. Correct me if i'm wrong.
  13. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hey Lawboy. Whats the difference between the Eden 550,
    and the Focus with this speaker combo? Yes, I really want
    to know.
  14. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV

They're both great amps. The Focus has that dry, articulate cutting sound. It works great with that Epi rig, as you know, and also sounds great with the 112 by itself. I had been trying out a friend's WT-400, and was getting hooked on that wet, PHAT sound which it's tough to get from the Focus. The WT-550 has that tubey low/low-mid push with plenty of glass on top and a smooth upper midrange. The WT obviously comes with a ton of EQ too. I'm loving the cabs!

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hiya Will!

I don't know how this thread skipped by me. WAY COOL rig bro!! I have almost the same, except I am using an iAMP500.

16. USAJO

Apr 13, 2005
    Very nice, I have a WT-400 and two NYC T-112's so my set up looks very similar. I'd be curious to hear what the 10 and 12 combination gives ya. Although most of the time at gigs the bass sound is coming from the head to the main PA, it sure is nice to have a very portable set up that lets me hear the bass on stage the same way I hear it in the living room.
    Is it just the pics or don't your speakers have "Epifani" stenciled (silk screened") on them?
  17. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Thanks Mike! I'm sure the IAmp sounds great too.

USAJO...I think the neo speakers don't have the silk-screened drivers? I'm not sure on this. The 110 gives a little more upper-midrange articulation and airiness. It's a nice combo. I'm sure the 2x 112 combo is more of a gut punch.

18. Me likey very muchly! :bassist:

I've got a 110UL with an AI Clarus at the minute, and hoping to add a 112UL before too long. I'm astounded at the sound I can get from the 110 alone and I imagine that the 112 just tips things over the edge into WOW-dom. Oh yeah... And it doesn't break my back! Cooooooooo-el! ;)
  19. travatron4000

Dec 27, 2000
    Chicago, IL

There should be a little metal loop on the groundprong side of the adapter. The screw on the face plate of the outlet connects to the box and makes a ground. You're supposed to run the screw through the loop to ground the adapter.