1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where to get Jazz Bass body with rear cavity?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Electricblue, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Electricblue

Electricblue

Feb 1, 2011
    Norfolk
    So I'm bored with my Affinity Jazz bass and I want to swap the body on it.

I'm looking for a Jazz bass body with the electronics cavity in the back so I can have the knobs and jack in the position that they would be with a standard jazz body, but with a clean look at the front.

I would like the neck cavity, pickup routing and bridge screwholes already done, and I would oil the wood with Linseed Oil. We used the stuff on our new kitchen worktops and it's nice stuff. So I would be looking for a nice wood surface, preferably one-piece but that might get pricey?

Work's slow at the moment and I'm only looking to spend about £100 on the body. It's a long shot, but I'm getting handy with a router now so if worst comes to worst I will have to buy a template and a block of wood :bassist:

I already have the electronics, neck and hardware, which I'm happy with.

If someone could shed any light, that would be rad. Thanks. :D

2. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    Warmoth comes to mind but there are other venders, some can be found on ebay.

3. seang15

seang15

Aug 28, 2008
    Cary NC
    Allparts as well

4. As you're in Blighty I would suggest contacting these people:

http://www.guitarbuild.co.uk/product.php?product=82

but I have been in contact with them three times over a relatively simple number of adjustments to their '54P and their comms are painfully infrequent. Perhaps if you mentioned that nugget in your enquiry they might pull the finger out on both fronts :)

5. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Go with warmoth or usacg .. Allparts is fine i guess, a litte bottomshelf though

Don't bother with Ebay no-name garbage, youll be in for a world of annoyance at best

6. klaus486

klaus486

Jun 27, 2009
    portland or
    sales geek Portland Music co.
    Definitely Warmoth. You can have them make it however you wish.

7. but not, unfortunately, for £100/$150. The shipping and import tax alone will swallow that. I know, because I've long wished it weren't true :bawl:

If the OP settles for 3-piece, at least the UK builder is in that ballpark.

8. Aargh, a different person emailed me on Weds and my reader spammed it off. My apols to them, they aren't ignoring me. They could be the answer you need, OP