Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where to get Stewart Amps at a good price?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SoyBase, May 18, 2003.

1. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Well, after lugging my DB750 around for 3 days, I've realized that I just cant take the weight anymore. Im going to switch to the DB659 pre and a stewart 1.2 amp..Anyone know where to get them at a reasonable price? Or does anyone know of a super light weight power amp thats comprarable? I want to keep the Aguilar sound, but lose the weight..

Thanks
    Tommy

2. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    Lightweight, powerful: STEWART AMPS below cost!
    Asking Price: US$N/A
    Condition: Mint
    Description:
    All models available on STEWART WORLD 1.2, 1.6, and 2.1 amplifiers at exactly one-half of the list price. Go find out what these amps cost then email me or call...Your cost is exactly HALF!! call quickly 305-935-5300 in Florida!
    Seller: steven chase, 305-935-5300
    E-mail: chase5300 at aol.com (Profile)
    Post Date: 5/16/2003

3. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    Get in touch with Jack Read. He's a luthier predominantly but he sells a selection of great bass gear at way below list and has always been helpful beyond the call of duty with me (and I live over the pond!) He's got Stewart Audio at really low prices - I'd have bought one but they're US voltage only :-(

Alex

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    You could try enjousound.com for the Stewarts, I've never bought there but prior to buying my QSC PLX 2402 I was considering the Stewart and I had some correspondence with the owner of that site regarding the Stewarts and he was very friendly and willing to answer questions.

Or there's this Peavey one: http://www.peavey.com/products/proaudio/poweramps/dpc1400x.cfm

The 1400x has gotten universally great reviews, and a good number of people round here use them. I'm looking at getting one, not because of weight (my PLX 2402 is pretty light already) but for space reasons. I'm trying to get down to as small a rack head as possible. As far as I know, the Peavey DPC1400x is the only fan cooled one space poweramp with good power - the Stewart one space amps are convection cooled.

5. yep, Jack Read...got a Stewart World 1.2 delivered to the ATL for $536.

6. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Thanks for all the responses!

What kind of sound will I be losing going to a pre/power amp setup as opposed to my DB750? I love the sound of it, but damn that weight!

7. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    I had a DB750 and loved it but hated hauling it around. I now use a 1200 watt Walter Woods(7 lbs).

8. Not to sound like a smart (!) but I see you are hauling around a 2x10 and a 4x10 cab. If you can move them around then why not the db750? It doesn't weigh as much as the cabs does it?