1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

where to get that sound?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by springshine, Jun 14, 2007.

1. springshine

springshine

Mar 20, 2007
    My first two beginner bass’s were stolen, I want to buy another, but there’s a particular sound I’d like it to achieve: Does anyone know what bass was played by CSNY in the song Long Time Gone, or Woodstock? Please advise. Thank you!!

2. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    Bummer about your basses. The studio version of Long Time Gone was played by Stephen Stills - no idea what bass he was playing. I think I remember some liner art showing the bassist on 4-Way Street (where the live version of LTG lives) toting a P bass. Not sure about Woodstock - but I'd be willing to bet it was recorded with a P or J.

3. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    Calvin Samuels played a P-bass

GM

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021