Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

where to get wood pup covers?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by buddahbass, Mar 3, 2005.

1. buddahbass

buddahbass

Dec 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    i have a black spector ns2000 that i love, but it is just too plain looking. i would like to get wooden pup covers and trus rod cover to offset the look a little bit. does anyone know where to get them?

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

try a TB search. It's been asked numerous times. If nothing else, Hambone in the luthiers forum whill make up a pair for about $80 depending on what they are.

3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I don't know for sure, but I bet Roger at THG will make covers for you.

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

yep, pretty much any luthier can make you a set of wood pup covers, unless they just don't want to mess with it. I'd check with local luthiers for sure. If nothing else, it would be a lot easier for them to match the face of your bass if that's of interest. You could probably do it yourself if you have patience and access to some equipment - just depends on what your time's worth and how much you're up for such projects.

I bought a set of pups with wood covers and I was curious as to what the covers themselves may be worth. So I did a google search and about the only thing it pulled up was M basses selling 'em for a couple Bens (on the low end) - which I assumed was on the steep side. I emailed Hambone to check and that's how I know he'd do it for roughly $80.