where to get wood pup covers?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by buddahbass, Mar 3, 2005.

1. buddahbass

buddahbass

Dec 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    i have a black spector ns2000 that i love, but it is just too plain looking. i would like to get wooden pup covers and trus rod cover to offset the look a little bit. does anyone know where to get them?

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

try a TB search. It's been asked numerous times. If nothing else, Hambone in the luthiers forum whill make up a pair for about $80 depending on what they are.

3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I don't know for sure, but I bet Roger at THG will make covers for you.

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

yep, pretty much any luthier can make you a set of wood pup covers, unless they just don't want to mess with it. I'd check with local luthiers for sure. If nothing else, it would be a lot easier for them to match the face of your bass if that's of interest. You could probably do it yourself if you have patience and access to some equipment - just depends on what your time's worth and how much you're up for such projects.

I bought a set of pups with wood covers and I was curious as to what the covers themselves may be worth. So I did a google search and about the only thing it pulled up was M basses selling 'em for a couple Bens (on the low end) - which I assumed was on the steep side. I emailed Hambone to check and that's how I know he'd do it for roughly $80.