Where to go to buy the really nice, expensive basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 311 fan, Nov 12, 2000.

1. 311 fan

311 fan

Sep 24, 2000
    La Verne, CA
    At guitar Center, and Sam Ash, and every othe place I go to, they only selll the cheaper basses. I can see why. Not many people walk in and say '' Give me that $6000 Steinberger, and that $3000 amp ''. Plus, the stores would get broken into a lot if they carried extremily expensive merchandice. So where do you go to get the upper class stuff?
  2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
  3. MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    I guess it depends on which Guitar Center. My local GC stocks Pedullas, Zons, Warwicks, etc. Go to the manufacturers web page and simply find the dealer nearest to YOU. Have fun.
  4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Personally I think the best way to buy the "really nice, expensive basses" is used. http://www.Bassgear.com, Harmony Central, eBay, etc. are good places to look.

If you actually want hands on with new basses, what part of the country/ world are you in?
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

3rdplanetmusic.com sells Alembic, Tobias, Ken Smith, Pedulla, Modulus, Wal, Roscoe, Surine, Zeta, Zon, et al.
    If you really want to get exotic, try Luthiers Access Group and gearsearch.com for rare atmosphere stuff like Jerzy Drozd, Ken Bebensee, Leduc, Elrick, Neuser, Chris Larkin, Celinder, Dingwall, Glockenklang, Roger Morillo, Jens Ritter, Daedalus, and other gear that intimidates me. Also, remember, your local/online music stores have to do inventory by year's end and will have to pay tax on everything they haven't sold, sooooo, some of the bigger ones may willing to deal before Jan. 1st as opposed to the custom, (i.e. not-yet-built), sources.