where to go?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Brian D, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Brian D

Brian D

Dec 2, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    i'm not quite sure if this is the right forum for this, sorry if its not.

anyways, i've got a little problem. i want to start a band (NOT join) i have already tried joining bands and most of the time theyre just generic pop/rock bands that i loose interest in.

i listen to a wide variety of music, thats my problem.i started off by listening to metal when i was younger (influenced by my brothers), then started to listen to punk rock, then in the last year or two i have started to listen to jazz. i also listen to other stuff too (cant think of it off the top of my head)
    i dont quite know what band i want to start.

did or does anyone else have this problem....its really bugging me. :meh:
  2. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I had the same problem until about a year ago.

I posted a thread at another forum that I belong to (it wasn't even for music) and I figured I'd see who'd bite. I got one reply from a guy who was a singer who knew a guitar player. Long story short, we ended up booting the singer for lack of responsibility and ability, but the guitar player knew a drummer, and the drummer knew a better singer, and now we're where we are now. We're pretty happy with it.

But, the point was when we started was that we've all had metal influences along with other influences, so we decided not to pigeon hole ourselves, and to just let the music come. We all agreed whatever direction it takes us is the direction we go.
  3. Think you have problems? I have a friend who plays metal flamenco...on a Ric of all things. He found a bass player and drummer and they love what they play. I think it sounds bizzare, but they are happy. I think if you start playing with some people things will start to come together.
  4. Brian D

Brian D

Dec 2, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    hmmm, yeah sounds like a good idea, just see what happens. ;)

i think i'll look for musicians first and jam with them. then look for a singer.