Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where to host a band's bio and mp3s ?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Raman, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Raman

Raman

Feb 19, 2003
    Montreal, Qc
    Hi everybody,

I also posted this message on HCBF where I also used to post, a few years back.

I decided to write to you guys because I have a serious question to ask :
    Anybody know of a good place to host mp3's and promote your band (while you're learning how to build a proper website) ?

I'm now playing in a band which I humbly and honnestly think shows great potential. It's still young but has very quickly acquired a life of its own.
    We started looking for gigs more seriously lately. And, as things go, we figure it'd be a very good idea at this point to have music and a bio readily available on the net.

If anyone has had a good experience with a site, pray tell.
    I went to visit myspace.com after some friend suggested it. But, frankly, I didn't think the layout was all that great. Plus, especially, my friend's band was impossible to find there, whereas he assured me it would...

So anyway, any suggestion to quickly promote a band through the net would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Ps - We're Canadian, so we're open to more specifically local sites, that would for example feature a French section.

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    My space is awesome, there is another one called Purevolume thats pretty good. Also, there is one you have to audition for, called Magnatune. That site is great if your interested in maybe licensing your songs for commercials, tv shows, and other corporate uses.

3. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Myspace is pretty solid. I would say the bulk of it's users are ages between 14-24, so if that is your demographic go for it.

4. Raman

Raman

Feb 19, 2003
    Montreal, Qc
    I honnestly don't know what my demographics would be... (Well, I know mine, but I don't know about a future audience's.)
    In any case, myspace seems to be the popular choice. So I guess I'd be stoopid to try and go against the wind here.

Thanks all!

5. Raman

Raman

Feb 19, 2003
    Montreal, Qc
    Look, my guess is I'm being completely daft here, but where in the heck is the option to upload your own music files on myspace.com ?

I've started creating a profile and converted it to a band page. So far so good.
    But as far as music goes, the closest option I've found is to link to another myspace artist's music...

:help: