Where to order strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by count_funkula, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Where is a good place to order strings online?
  2. LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    My personal preference if I can't find them locally is Just Strings
  3. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    juststrings.com offers good service and decent price with excellent selection. I believe our very own Dude also sells strings through the mail, if I'm not mistaken.
  4. Yup, just a note that Just Strings charges $3.00 more if you order by phone than on the Web. Very highly recommended. Yes, Dude has the best price on Thomastik-Infeld I've seen, all three kinds (man I love those TIs). And last time I read his price list, I believe he was even taking the hit for the shipping himself. I've also had good luck with Big City String although they don't offer as much, and it's been a while since I dealt with them.

If you're a flatwound freak, Pyramid Strings is an amazing manufacturer to deal with; you probably know how TI makes what they make and that's that; well Pyramid actually made 2 pair of odd-gauged B strings for me when I was experimenting with their flats on a 5-string, can you imagine any other guy who runs a string factory taking time to do that? And they really didn't cost any more than any other of their strings. Wild! Another factory I love calling is LaBella, they know so much. The guy I always end up talking to over there is a bass player who likes M45s just like me, so when I asked for a little less tension to try to get rid of a dead spot, he knew the .040 G would not have enough meat for me, and he suggested the M46 set that I probably would have overlooked since it had a .106 E, which actually is less tense than the .105 in the M45 set, but you can't generally know these things without talking to the folks who make them.

Anyone else have good factory stories?