1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where to purchase fender gold vinyl precision pickguard ?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by shawn2000, Mar 4, 2010.

1. shawn2000

shawn2000

Mar 2, 2004
    Logan, UT
    Anyone know where I can buy one of these fender gold vinyl precision bass pickguards?

Like this guy here....

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0135760359

I checked with my local dealer, who was absolutely no help, Fender's web site directs me to many online retailers, none who have it listed. Any ideas?
    I do not wish to buy the entire bass to get the pickguard...LOL.

2. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    There are loads of pickguard companies: WDmusic, Pickguardian, just dozens of them really. Google "replacement pickguard" or "custom pickguard". That said, one thing I have done successfully and painlessly was to contact Fender customer service and ask for the specific part number of the guard I wanted. With the specific part number, your local dealer can order it with no hassle.

3. shawn2000

shawn2000

Mar 2, 2004
    Logan, UT
    Great idea, except the going back to the local dealer part. LOL. What I am hoping for is an online resource where I can purchase, simply for ease. You would think Fender would make this easier than they do.

4. There is one in the classifieds.

5. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Well, how about this then: there are a few TB'ers who work for GC, and GC is a Fender dealer; get the part number from Fender CS, then PM one of the GC-working TB'ers, and have them order the part and send it to you. :) Two TB'ers I can think of off the top of my head: "TheBurgerMeister" and "Chronicle".

6. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
  7. shawn2000

shawn2000

Mar 2, 2004
    Logan, UT
    That is the page I found at Fender's website as well. I used the find online retailer option, and none of the online retailers listed carried the part, (including MF, Sweetwater, etc). I checked them all.

I saw the one in the classified, but don't like the feel of metal. That is why I liked the vinyl option.

Thanks for the ideas, much appreciated.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020