Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where To Purchase Lakland Strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by VicDamone, Apr 16, 2001.

1. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    I see the Lakland Direct Store is not working and there not listed at many of the discount string stores on the web.

Any suggestion as to where, and is $22 a set of five the going price?

2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    but the only place I've seen them online is the Tuning Peg, which doesn't seem to have a very good reputation for service.

www.tuningpeg.com

NOTE: this is not a recommendation.

3. I've ordered Lakland Bass Strings direct from Lakland- over the phone.

773-871-9637

4. THERE REALLY NO SUCH THING I PLAY A 55-94 STRAIGHT FROM THE DAN LAKELAND AND HE TOLD THAT THERE REALLY JUST GHB'S!!GO TO BASS PLAYER AND READ THERE REVIEW IN THEIR ARCHIVES ON STRINGS. THEY GIVE YOU THE LOW DOWN THAT THERE ARE ONLY TWO TO THREE REAL MANUFACTURES OUT THERE AS WELL AS THE LOW DOWN ON HAND WOUND STRINGS!THERE'S A LOT OF HYPE IN ADVERTISEMENT AS WELL AS A LOT OF EMBELISMENT!IT'S LIKE JORDAN THERE JUST NIKE'S WITH HIS NAME ON THEM!!!!!!

5. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    It's no secret that GHS makes Lakland strings. However, the Lakland strings are not the same as anything in the GHS catalog. They are made to different specifications. If you don't believe that, buy some GHS Precision Flatwounds and some Lakland Joe Osborn flats.

6. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Talk to dude at the dudepit site.He's a lakland dealer and sells Rotos and TI's as well.Good luck!