1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where to source leather strap inside hardshell case

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Crusher47, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    I have a universal hardshell case that I use for my Jazz or Precision, however when it's closed, the guitar neck drops a few inches inside the case, since it's not a perfect fit. I have seen cases where there is a small leather or cloth type strap that snaps into a button that goes around the neck to keep it from moving.

When I do a search for this particular strap/button combo, nothing comes up anywhere. Anybody know what this is actually called and where I can buy one?

Thanks in advance.

2. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    If you have a Tandy Leather store nearby they should be able to hook you up, or direct you to someone who can.

At the very least they can supply everything you'd need to DIY.

3. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I've never heard of an after market device like that. I have seen cases with it built it.
    As a simple DIY solution, you might be able to glue a strip of Velcro on either side of the neck slot and use another piece, the side without the spines, across the neck.

4. farace

farace

Jul 9, 2016
    Connecticut USA
    I put one inside of one of my cases. IIRC I found a small leather strap at a music shop that was well stocked with drum parts. I couldn't tell you what part of a drum kit uses a leather strap, but it's exactly right for my use. I attached one end with a wood screw and decorative washer. For the other end, I got a large snap (comes in a kit with installation tools at the fabric shop) and installed the button part on the strap and used a small wood screw to attach the mating part of the snap to the case. Works perfectly and looks like it's always been there.

5. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Thanks everyone...DIY project for sure