1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where to start(over)

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by skeptikal, Oct 9, 2009.

1. skeptikal

skeptikal

Jan 24, 2008
    Fort Wayne, IN
    So after not playing my bass for 3 solid months... I decided to pick it up and wail on her for a while. Wow I forgot how much fun it was. Fingers are a little slower, but my time is still on. I'm just stuck playing these drop-d gloomier basslines. Anyone suggest anything to get my chops moving again?

2. nsmar4211

nsmar4211

Nov 11, 2007
    How about running some blues basslines? If you do the walks in position, you'll be working your fingers out. I'm talking upbeat blues :). Although, Crazy Little Thing Called Love has a fun bass line and it's a bluesy bass line.

If I'm feeling "out", I'll go learn part of a song I like to listen to-whether or not its one I'm *supposed* to be learning.

Try listening to music in a genre you don't usually, and try picking out the basslines....might shift the mood