Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where to try out fodera basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thebassmuchacho, Feb 7, 2005.

1. I live in boston MA right now and was wondering if anyone knew if there was an instrument store that carries fodera basses so that i could try them out. Also does anyone have any suggestions for a quality and comfortable 5 string bass ( i realize that both of these are subjective, so ill have to take your word for it) that i should check out?

Thanks

2. What kind of cash are you looking to spend? Obviously alot as you are looking at a fodera. In your price range, anything is going to be a quality instrument. Fodera are one of the mose expensive basses on the market, as I am sure you know, so you can pretty much get anything. Benavente, Nordstrand, Hannewinckel are all top notch luthiers who will cost probably half as much as a Fodera. Sorry I can't help you with anywhere to try them, but there are tons of high end basses by top notch luthiers who will do it for much cheaper.

Not to bash Fodera, if thats what you want I can't stop you and they are amazing instruments, but check out all of your options before you drop that kind of cash.

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hey man, you're gonna have to do some driving to find Fodera. I'm headin down to Brooklyn either this week or next to just go to the shop. I'm just North of Boston.

4. not that this will help you a whole lot being that your in boston, but, theres a small guitar shop in Edison, New Jersey that has about 20 guitars and over 100 basses. They carry foderas, alembics, all the high end stuff. its called the "New Jersey Guitar and BAss exchange" or somethign like that. therye on the web. you can google them,

5. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    G guitars in New Haven, Connecticut.

6. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing Artist: Alleva Coppolo
    If I were you in MA...I'd just get in the car and go down there to Fodera to talk to Joey or Vinnie or meet with Dave and Joel from the Groove Shoppe...or both! Your actually fortunate to be range to do that. There seems to be a few instruments at Fodera whenever I'm there ....and The Groove Shoppe is probebly "Ground Zero" for Foderas in stock...plus talking to any of these guys puts you waaay ahead in terms of getting what you'll want.....its not just trying the instruments, its the consultation from the above sources that will eventually make the dollars go the furthest for you....IMO (and from experience)

Mitch

7. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    +1 on the groove shoppe.
    Check out their web site as well, i think it´s www.thegrooveshoppe.com
    David post here quite regularly, so he may even chime in on this..............soon..........like any sec....................ummm.............anytime now..........

8. BEEZELITE

BEEZELITE

Dec 19, 2001
    Bassmuchaco,

Give me a call or PM me at the Groove Shoppe.

David Beasley