Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

where'd everybody go??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by geoffzilla, Jan 25, 2002.

1. geoffzilla

geoffzilla

Oct 30, 2001
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification
    Hey guys,
    I was sitting at work trying to figure out what to do with myself this morning when talkbass was down. is there another forum that everybody ends up at when this one's down?

2. ...there is! It's a support site for Talkbassers experiencing withdrawal symptoms. You'll find them at

www.tb_anon.com

[size=-3]I wonder how many of you will click that link to see if it really exists.[/size]

3. geoffzilla

geoffzilla

Oct 30, 2001
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification
    Xavier......
    You are dealing with a VERY gullible individual.
    That's right.
    I checked the link.

4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I actually read a few of the feature articles that are posted at the home page. I was entertained as well as educated.

Then I got bored and went for coffee.

Chas

5. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    When I at 11 AM CET found that TB was down, I shut off my comp, took the bus to our rehearsal room, grabbed my drummer's Alesis DM5 (drum module), and took the bus back home. This took about 1½ hours. Then I connected the DM5 to my home studio and tried to figure out how the darn thing worked. At 2 PM CET, my older brother came for a visit, so we entertained eachother for about three hours or so, and had a quick lunch together (I cooked). Then I went to the supermarket to pick up some groceries. Then Talkbass was back.

So I actually experienced REAL LIFE without Talkbass. Man, it scared the **** out of me!

6. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    :(

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Got me!:p

8. When TalkBass was down earlier today I yanked out most of my hair (not the stuff on my head) grabbed an assult riffle and went to the tallest tower in my area. Which turned out to be just the tree house next door. It was then that I realized that I had no bullets. So I just pointed at people and said BANG really loud.

9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

There are several forums where I have met other TB'ers - mostly music-related - like Jazz on the Corner and the FDP.

10. Try the Dudepit, a very cool bass forum on EZBoards. Steve Barr has to be one of the nicest, most honest people in the world!

11. :eek: Many a truth is spoken in jest.

I be scared, Spank! :D

Mike (kevlar vest) Jewels

12. Who said anything about it being in jest?

-Spank (the impaler) Bass