1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

where'd my bass go?!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nunk6, Aug 29, 2000.

  1. nunk6


    Jul 29, 2000
    hey man i need an overdrive with a cruncy(not metallic) and growling BASS ovderdrive.
    usually overdrive turn out to be true distortion rather than a growl
    is a tube overdrive what i'm looking for?
  2. Doug


    Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    I've experimented with all-tube overdrive pedals in the past(Chandler Tube Driver). They sucked my low end out and sounded more distorted than overdriven. Try out the Sansamp Bass DI or if you want more bite, try the Bass Balls or Pro Co Rat.
  3. timv


    Jun 7, 2000
    Chandler, AZ
    I think doug meant the big muff not the bass balls. The bass balls is an envelope follower that has the ability to have distortion on it. The distortion really isn't usable as a distortion pedal but more a weird effect pedal. I have a big muff and a proco rat and am still w/ the big muff. That was the first one i bought and have tried others but always went back to it.
  4. Erich Zann

    Erich Zann

    Aug 14, 2000
    I've always loved the danelectro fab tone. Kinda like a big muff, onlt more distorted and crunchier
  5. eli

    eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover

    Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    If you can find one at a store, try out a Tech 21 ACOUSTIC DI. The mic/spkr emulator circuit is the same as the one in the Bass DI but is controlled by the MIDRANGE knob and leaves your low end relatively unaffected. I love mine. Certainly something to consider.

  6. Primary

    Primary TB Assistant

    Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

    Apr 23, 2021

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.