Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where'd the "New Posts" search link go?

Discussion in 'TalkBass.com News & Announcements' started by paul, May 29, 2004.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Answer: I consolidated search links under the 'search' drop-down menu in the navbar. Also included is a 'unanswered threads' search, which returns threads that have received no replies.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    And I thought I was losing my mind when the link disappeared during my session!

BTW Paul, I've been meaning to ask you about your avatar - are you really hairy or something? ;)

3. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Paul,

Speaking as one of the guys who was crying about losing the "New in the last 24 hrs" link after the upgrade--thank you! You rock! :bassist:

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Paul, one potential problem -

The Quick Link list box tends to build slowly (3-4 sec) for those of us on slower machines and dialup, so it's very easy to click on "Mark Forums Read" rather than "New Posts".

Is it possible to put a separator bar between "New Posts" and the rest?

5. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Actually I should get rid of the 'new posts' in the quick links menu since it's duplicated under 'Search'...

6. You still haven't answered this paul,

;) jk paul, we still love you even if you are a bit hairy. :D