Where's my SVT!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rockbobmel, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I bought this vintage SVT in OCTOBER, and I've played out with it ONCE!!!(1 time)...It's in the shop for the 4th time, and it's been there for almost 2 months now. I called and I get "no news yet, Bob". What the ****? I want this thing FIXED....FIXED...FIXED!! Does anyone know an EXCELLENT tech in Western Mass? I'm goin mental...
    (10 deep breaths)....

Edit hunter for language; please * entire word.
  2. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    Dunno bout Western Mass but give MISC a call, located right next to Berklee in Boson. They are top notch, to the extent that pros (Aerosmith, et al) use them but they aren't jerks. Heck, they even worked on my amp for cheap.

At the very least they might be able to refer you to someone in your area.

Here's their site: Musical Instrument Service Center
  3. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    I dont Know the name of the store but theres a really cool guitar store in north hampton (not the big one the little one).They have a bunch of vintage amps in there ,They would certainly be able to recomend whom ever they trust.

In boston ,while I like the guys at MISC(wolf is a good freind and does work on my basses) The amp gurus of boston are at AZTECH electronics in watertown I highly recomend them.;)

Rockbobby you never said why their taking so long with your amp.Is it something that they can control?are they waiting on parts?

Hope this helps
  4. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Boston is probably the ticket.
    AJ, You mean Blue Note. My amp is at the tech's shop, the one that everyone in NoHo uses and recommends. It's a small world out here. I'll try the guys in Beantown. Thanks....