1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

wheres stuart zender in all these lists??

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by daveyfunk, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Can't agree more about Zender - great playing on Emergency and his tone on Space Cowboy is amazing. Does anyone know which model Warwick he's holding in the photo in the Space Cowboy sleeve? It looks like an 8-string...

I think Zender went off the radar about the same time he married that slapper from All Saints...:crying:

2. Charm Bracelet

Charm Bracelet

Apr 29, 2007
    It's a custom Streamer.

Like some people have already mentioned, if you want to hear some of Stu's work, he only plays on the first three Jamiroquai albums: Emergency on Planet Earth, Return of the Space Cowboy, and Traveling without Moving. His playing, tone, and feel is AMAZING imho -especially on RotSC (check out Scam, Manifest Destiny, Mr.Moon, Stillness in Time...).

I'm glad he's out playing again. The stuff he's doing with Mark Ronson has a real James Jamerson motown vibe.

You can check him out in Ronson's latest video for the song "Oh My God". He even appears in the video (looking up Lily Allen's skirt):
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2037793523

This is also him playing on another of Mark Ronson's tracks, "Stop Me":
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2034883926

A pic of him with that 8-string is on the left below, and the one on the right is him with his current bass, a '62 Fender...

Attached Files:

3. Charm Bracelet

Charm Bracelet

Apr 29, 2007
    Cripes...I sound like a total fanboy :eyebrow:

Seriously though, he's been one of my favorite bass players of all time since I first heard him in '94.

4. Everybody loves Stu.

IMHO Nick Fyffe gets an unfair rap - people see him as the red-haired cousin of Jamiroquai bassists.

'Where do We go from Here' is seriously good.
    Synchronised gets a lot of airplay on my car stereo.